My Top 10 Road-Trip Albums
By: Kevin ManieriGeorge's Music
Have you ever struggled with what to listen to on a long, long trip? What do you listen to when youve got hours to go, and nothing but tunes to keep you company? Ive been on some mighty long trips, and here are my 10 favorite albums to make the miles roll away. Read on and add your own at the bottom, or on our Facebook page
- Metallica And Justice For All Listening to this album is like drinking a case of redbull and a pot of coffee. It will keep you awake!
- Neil Young Harvest Incredibly sad. Incredibly good.
- Jackson Browne Running on Empty An album written and recorded on the road, with material about the road, including a great song entitled The Road.
- The Rolling Stones Exile on Man Street A double-album from the height of their creativity. Pure rock n roll goodness.
- The Clash London Calling Another totally genius double-album. If you havent heard the whole thing, you need to.
- Bruce Springsteen Nebraska Mellow out and listen to a great storyteller. Perfect for corn fields or dusty plains.
- The Best of KC & the Sunshine Band Talk about ENERGY! Resist the urge to un-buckle your seatbelt and dance.
- Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Pulls you in from the very first note to the last.
- Third Eye Blind Third Eye Blind Each song is more musical and moving than the last on this classic 90s album.
- Paul McCartney & Wings Band on the Run You may not realize it, but you already know every song from this album. Timeless masterpiece.